Tuesday, 18 January 2011

hi group members!
I have a new MA Question and I am looking for relevant material for my research. I would like to work on the misunderstandings in digital communication.
When I came from Austria to England I had to learn to add "x" at the end of each text message. Once I forgot about it and a friend of mine thought I would be mad at her just because of the one missing letter.
Those are the communication problems I want to find out (cultural differences, sturcture of texts, smileys, x …)
If any of you know some relevant information please tell me! :) Espacially how you might communicate in your country and if there is anything where I can look it up or something similar.
Thank you all in advance!

1 comment:

  1. nite, I got one~but its more cultural communication, not digital...
    when talk about pornography colour, in my country, we would say "yellow film" , but, I remember in western culture, blue is more porn then yellow. says blue film?!

    ReplyDelete