Sunday, 17 April 2011

Iceland in the News

There has been a lot of media interest in Iceland since the recent referendum, here are a few articles from the British press that are pretty relevant to the project:

From the Economist:
A parable of two debtors

From the Guardian:



From the Telegraph


The Guardian is the most left wing/liberal paper in the UK and the Telegraph the most right-wing broadsheet, so it is quite surprising to find them agreeing on something! Though I suspect the reasoning for their the support of the 'No' vote is quite different. Meanwhile the Independent is still covering the volcano eruption with little mention of the referendum. Weird!

Other Iceland links:


English language Iceland blog The Iceland Weather Report

A doctral thesis on craft in Iceland: Contemporary Craft in Iceland: Communicating Culture Through Making (I've only read the abstract, but it looks pretty interesting!)

Any one else found any good Iceland resources? I would be interested in learning more about the history and culture, if anyone can recommend a good book. (I've got a biography of Björk somewhere but I'm not sure it's that insightful!)

Cheers

Cally

No comments:

Post a Comment